Dear Tallack Martial Arts members:
At Tallack Martial Arts, we provide martial arts lessons for health and self defense in an atmosphere of fun and fitness. Keeping our members and employees safe is our number one priority.
In this time of concern regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), Tallack Martial Arts will continue to offer service on our regular schedule. We understand that there are no confirmed cases of community transmission in the Kingston area. If this changes, our position will adapt to that circumstance.
If you feel you should self isolate, please let us know. We will ensure the number of classes or the amount of time missed is added on to your membership at no charge.
For now, we continue to sanitize the Dojo floor daily and equipment regularly, but have increased our protocols to include all equipment, railings, and commonly used surfaces before, and after each of our classes. Please note that this important measure will use a few extra minutes of every class.
We are also requiring each person to wash their hands thoroughly at one of our 4 wash stations BEFORE and AFTER class. For the younger children, we will incorporate this into regular lessons as self defense against germs.
If you decide to keep coming to class as normal, or even to some of our special make-up classes during March break, please keep these following points in mind:
- Please do not come to class if you or any of your family members are feeling ill at all.
- Remember you will not lose the time you have paid for, just let us know if you intend to take some time off from your classes.
- Please wash your hands at one of the 4 wash stations provided BEFORE and AFTER class.
- Please respect personal space and follow courteous protocols; sneeze or cough into your sleeve, not your hand, and dispose of any tissues completely.
- Use your FOCUS to keep yourself from touching your face.
- And for the time being, our classes will all be individual practice, no partner exercises will take place (sparring, grappling, etc.) for the next little while.
We will watch closely for any further developments with COVID-19 and the City of Kingston. This is a fast-changing situation and we will adapt as required maintaining health and safety as our number one priority.
We hope that all of our dojo members and the Kingston community at large will stay healthy, keep on exercising, and come through this difficult time together.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us or email us and we will get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
Thank you for your compassion in these concerning times, we send you this message with kindest regards,
On behalf of Tallack Martial Arts Staff