Thank you for pre-registering and securing your spot for this upcoming weekend of Martial Arts training, friendship, and celebration! I just wanted to take a quick moment to give everyone an update and snapshot at this moment of time for our 25th Anniversary weekend. As of writing this email, we have the following great accomplishments to mention:
- 35 amazing instructors from across Canada will be on location and are lined up to share their years of martial arts experience with you all!
- Over 126 people have signed up for various events during the weekend:
- 112 students will be participating in the Saturday afternoon seminars
- 125 people will be enjoying the banquet filled with great food, awards, and more
- 116 students will be participating in the Sunday morning seminars
- 112 members will be participating in the Sunday afternoon DNBK event
- 126 free event t-shirts and commemorative booklets will be handed out to all pre-registrants; some extras will be available for purchase during the event for anyone who missed the deadline that would still like a shirt or booklet.
- THE HOLIDAY INN IS SOLD OUT OF ROOMS FOR OUR WEEKEND!!
- If you are still looking for a room for our weekend, I have opened a block of rooms at the very close by Confederation Place Hotel under the group name “Tallack Martial Arts” please call 1-613-549-6300 to book today! These rooms are however only available until January 31st.
- Over 25 local businesses have already supported our event by their kind donations worth over $2000 to our silent auction & raffle tables. Some have also graciously helped by sponsoring our commemorative booklet to help make it free to all of you guests and instructors that have pre-registered.
- After some juggling, I have finished the first draft of our instructor seminar schedule. Please find it attached and see which instructors are sharing their knowledge over the weekend. If you are one of our seminar instructors, please ensure you check it for your times and notify me if there are any questions or concerns.
- A short break has been added on the Sunday morning during the seminars for anyone who needs to check out of their hotel room on time.
- PLEASE ALSO NOTE THE ADDITION THIS YEAR OF OUR DNBK KYOTO TEAM MEETINGS AND PRACTICES.
- If you are a member in attendance that is traveling to Japan this April, please make yourself available during the times listed on both days so we can meet, go over any important trip details, as well as prepare and practice our group presentation.
That’s it for now, we’re getting close! Only 26 days left until we all meet again here in Kingston for this special event. I hope this new year is providing some positive energy that we will all share and experience on the dojo floor here very soon.
I look forward to seeing you all again soon,
– Renshi Kyle Cochrane
Tallack Martial Arts